Monday, June 8, 2009

3rd times the charm!










I have attempted 3 planned trips to Chicago and they were all canceled for one reason or another, so this time I planned a quick day trip to Brookfield Zoo.
I didn't tell anyone except a friend I was meeting there.
The zoo grounds are very impressive! Some of the exhibits weren't state of the art but they are trying to improve. There are new bear exhibits being built and some modifications to others. They have an excellent collection of animals!
I really enjoyed the bears and cats also the primates. This is the zoo where the little boy fell in the gorilla pit a few years back and the female protected him and dragged him to the keepers door!
On another note, if you get the chance to fly SouthWest, DO IT! They have a great sense of humour and it makes for a better flight then stodgy old school airlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment